About Sunshine Bay Yacht Club (SBYC)
SBYC is a not-for-profit organization governed by an elected volunteer board dedicated to promoting the sport of sailing. Situated in Sunshine Bay at the west end of Lake Wabamun across from the Town of Seba Beach, SBYC is a private members managed sailing club offering members, their families and guests access to a club house, floating docks and other facilities.SBYC members can access a full season of organized competitive and fun races, enjoy cruising on Lake Wabamun, and participate in a full schedule of social programs for adults and youth.
Sunshine Bay Yacht Club is a place where members work together to maintain and operate an outstanding environment for sailing enthusiasts.
We are a dynamic club where:
Members volunteer their time and expertise to provide and maintain excellent facilities.
We provide outstanding educational and social programs that are inclusive to all.
We promote stewardship of the environment, the lake and its surroundings.
We are recognized as a leader and innovator in Sailing and Racing Programs.
All members are welcome and included in all aspects of the Club.
Through partnering with our community, and with provincial and national organizations, we create an increased interest to grow the sport of sailing.
OUR CORE VALUES
• Inclusiveness: club activities and functions are designed to accommodate all members, family and guests.
• Safety: is paramount in everything we do!
• Respect, Trust & Integrity: our decisions are ethical, transparent and honest for the benefit of the Club,
its members and stakeholders.
• Stewardship: we promote responsible use and protection of the Environment. We are prudent with our
Finances for the well-being and enjoyment of our members and future generations.
• Seamanship: we promote mentorship and training to enhance our sailing community’s safety and skill.
• Volunteerism: we utilize the unique skills and abilities of all our members to get things done!
• Community: we nurture our relationships and build a sense of community with our members, landlords,
guests, partner clubs, and the communities where we sail.